Partner-project with Care (SADev)
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN KOINADUGU DISTRICT - SADev
This project is funded by the European Union
Partner organizations are VSO and CARE
Working towards food security , rice field
Contribute to the sustainable improvement of the food security of the population of Koinadugu District.
In 5 chiefdoms of Koinadugu District, increase the income and farm productivity of the members of 60 sustainable Farmers Association (FAs) of which 45% are women and young people, over a period of 48 month.
Wara Wara Yagala, Sengbeh, Folosaba Dembelia, Dembelia Sinkunia, Kansonko
60 Farmer Associations (FA's); each has a membership of 30 which is comprised of 45% women and 70% youth.
Direct beneficiaries: 1800 households of seven people per household = 12600 people
The SADEV MADAM team at Kabala
- Targeted FAs have increased organizational capacity to ensure their autonomy and sustainability.
- Targeted FAs have a sustainable access to the inputs and technical skills necessary to increase Agricultural productivity (based on environmentally- sounded principles) and value addition.
- Targeted FAs are actively involved in the development of at least one value chain in close collaboration with the local traders.
- The voice of the FAs is heard and taken into consideration at chiefdom and district levels.
Women with their fishing gear
- Organizational assessment, exchange of best practice between FAs, training curriculum, Train MAFFS ( Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security) and project staff; train FAs annual meetings between FAs, link with MFI, advice on land tenure and herder's farmer's conflict, sensitization on HIV/ AIDS.
- Link with national research institutes, water management of swamp valleys, conservation agriculture, seed multiplication, dissemination of processing equipment.
- Market assessment, review past value chain analysis, select and develop at least one value chain, building of trust and linkages between value chain actors.
- Advocate for participation of FA representatives in agricultural committee at district level, support FAs to implement advocacy initiatives.
The main implementer of the project is MADAM
in partnership with VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas) and CARE.
Secretary of farmers association with his wife